The Justice League of Gawkamerica is an installation of several to-scale photographic foamcore superheros, assembled en masse throughout The Spill (414 George Street). The figures - each a self-representation of the artist - comprise a comic-style narrative about disabled imagery.
- my lovely professor carla finding me sitting on wellesley at 1am smoking and drinking wine from a cup (classy broad).
- marching in the FIRST fucking trans march. so many people. such awesomeness.
- a fellow QUAIA marcher being punched in the face by a disgruntled man.
- being kicked out of the washroom at woody's for being in a stall with someone else (teehee) only to have the staff member (upon seeing my, ahem, appearance) gratuitously apologize to my companion, and tell my companion that i could use the accessible washroom upstairs, for which we would need a key from the bar. well i got the key. and took a few liberties.
- not spending more than $20!
- wearing a mesh shirt, booty shorts, a leather vest, and a sailor's hat. together. in public.
- dancing, dancing, and more dancing.
- my brother's first pride! and having him march along the sidelines of the dyke march.